On fire

On fire

Did you know that more than 13% of all home fires are caused by home heating equipment? More than half of those fires started with the fireplace or chimney!

Both CSIA and the National Fire Protection Association recommend yearly chimney inspections to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and unwanted house fires. According to the Chimney Safety Institute of America:

“Many American homeowners think their chimneys only need to be cleaned and inspected if they burn wood in their fireplaces or wood stoves. But almost all heating appliances, whether they burn gas, oil, wood or coal, rely on the chimney to safely carry toxic gases produced by the heating system of the house.

A carbon monoxide detector can warn homeowners of potential poisoning after the deadly gas has already entered the living area, but an annual chimney check can help prevent carbon monoxide from entering the home in the first place.

Each fall, homeowners shift into home-improvement mode. They clean gutters, garages and basements — preparing homes for winter. But they usually don’t inspect, repair or clean their chimneys, despite the potential for damage to their property or even to their lives.

An annual chimney inspection by a CSIA Certified Chimney Sweep® is a modest investment that can reduce the danger of chimney fires or carbon monoxide poisoning. CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps have earned the industry’s most respected credential by passing an intensive examination based on fire codes, clearances and standards for the construction and maintenance of chimneys and venting systems.”

– See more at: https://www.csia.org/media/annual_chimney_inspections.aspx#sthash.Ut6nKsaZ.dpuf

Don’t wait. Call today to schedule your chimney inspection.

610-328-3084



Call Us Now